AUTHORIZED DEALER INTERNET GUIDELINES (“AUTHORIZED DEALER GUIDELINES”) November 2012 This Authorized Dealer Guidelines page is part of the Authorized Dealer Agreement that governs your participation in the Lauzon Authorized Dealer Program. This page describes requirements and restrictions applicable to you as a Program participant. From time to time, we may modify the participation requirements described on this page in accordance with the Authorized Dealer Agreement. All capitalized terms used below that are not defined on this page have the meanings given to them in the Authorized Dealer Agreement. The Lauzon brand has set the benchmark in the flooring industry at all levels. We are recognized as the worldwide leader for quality flooring. Exceeding consumer expectations time and time again is key to the success of our brand. The Internet is an important marketing tool, and we encourage our Authorized Dealers to promote the Lauzon brand in an informative way online, in accordance with these Authorized Dealer Guidelines, our Trademark Guidelines, and our Agreement. We value and recognize the role of our dealers in adding value to the Lauzon brand, making the buying process an enjoyable experience for the homeowner. As such, we require our Dealers to provide an online experience that encourages homeowners to visit an Authorized Dealer in their neighborhood for additional support, enhancing the Lauzon buying experience. The expertise of our Authorized Dealers is key to consumer confidence and each of you can provide consumers with the knowledge and confidence to make the very best decision based on their needs. We value your support and commitment to these values of excellence. With this in mind, we ask that you agree to the following:
- Lauzon does NOT support any INTERNET sales of Lauzon prefinished hardwood flooring and/or accessories. Lauzon’ limites warranties DO NOT apply to any Lauzon product purchased over the internet.
- You will NOT post pricing of Lauzon products on your website.
- You will ensure that your site is not unsuitable (as described herein and in the Authorized Dealer Agreement). You understand that Lauzon does not permit online sales of its Products. Authorized Dealer sites are for informational purposes only, to encourage visits to your business and showroom.
- You will display or otherwise use our trademarks or logos, service marks, Content, and any and all Intellectual Property only as expressly permitted under and in accordance with the Authorized Dealer Agreement.
- You will not engage in any promotional, marketing, or other advertising activities on behalf of us, or in connection with the Lauzonflooring.com Site or the Program, that are not expressly permitted under the Authorized Dealer Agreement.
You will not:
- purchase trademarks, trade names, or service names for advertising campaigns or any terms or names that could be confusingly similar to trademarks, trade names, or service names of Lauzon, unless authorized in writing by Lauzon;
- use any false, deceptive, misleading or otherwise inaccurate or improper terms about Lauzon’s company, products or services, or those of any competitor’s products or services;
- use terms deemed libelous, malicious, sexual, obscene, or pornographic in nature;
- imply a relationship that does not exist or create an incentive or any other situation; or
- post pricing of Lauzon products on your website.
- You will only use properly opted in email addresses, and provide to Lauzon any and all updated email suppression lists of Authorized Dealer’s Lauzon customers.
- You will not display or otherwise use any trademark or logo of any third party seller on a page highlighting the Lauzon Products.
- You will promptly remove from your site and delete or otherwise destroy any Content that is no longer relevant to our Products or that we notify you is no longer available for your use.
- You understand and agree that any customer data collected by you and your site, and shared with Lauzon in connection with a Product inquiry, communication/email, or purchase, shall be Confidential Information as defined in the Agreement, and shall be the Intellectual Property of Lauzon. You shall have the rights to use such customer data in connection with Lauzon Products only, but must otherwise keep such data confidential
- You will not use any Content, including any name or likeness embodied in that Content, in a manner that implies a person’s or company’s endorsement or sponsorship of, (including a Lauzon endorsement) or commercial tie-in or other association with, any product, service, party, or cause (including by placing unrelated third party materials in close proximity to Content).
- You will not seek to purchase or register any Lauzon trademarks, service marks, or words that sound like or look like Lauzon’s marks (“Intellectual Property”) on any search engines or through any advertising networks or companies. You will not seek to purchase or register any Lauzon Intellectual Property in a domain or subdomain name; or register or use any as or in any Associates ID or “tag.” In addition to any other rights or remedies available to us, upon our request you will cause any search engine designated by us to exclude Intellectual Property from keywords used to display your advertising content in association with search results (e.g., request exclusion by negative keyword bidding), assuming the search engine offers such exclusion capabilities.
- You will not bid on or purchase keywords, search terms, or other identifiers or otherwise participate in keyword auctions on any search engine if the resulting paid search advertisement would conflict with our paid advertisement, as determined by Lauzon. You may purchase paid search advertisements and submit links to search engines to appear in response to a general Internet search query or keyword (i.e., in natural, free, organic, or unpaid search results), so long as you comply with the Authorized Dealer Agreement.
- You will not offer any person or entity any consideration or incentive (including any money, rebate, discount, points, donation to charity or other organization, or other benefit) unless explicitly authorized to do so by Lauzon.
- You will not take any action that could reasonably cause any customer confusion as to our relationship with you, or as to the site on which any functions or transactions (e.g., search, browse, or order) are occurring.
- You will not include on your site, display, or otherwise use any spyware, malware, virus, worm, Trojan horse, or other malicious or harmful code, or any software application not expressly and knowingly authorized by users prior to being downloaded or installed on their computer or other electronic device.
- You will not frame the Lauzonflooring.com Site, or any part of it, within your site. However, displaying a link from your site to the Lauzonflooring.com site in accordance with the Authorized Dealer Agreement will not be considered framing the Lauzonflooring.com Site.
- You understand that we will review your site prior to acceptance to our Program, and may monitor your site in the future.
Thank you for your cooperation in helping us ensure the quality and integrity of our reputation.